Through conceptual presentation, demonstration and extensive hands-on labs and exercises, this 3-day instructor-led course guides developers, architects and DBA's on storing and accessing data rapidly and at web scale, in diverse document-database use cases based on JSON, using Couchbase Server, N1QL, and related technologies. All labs rely on queries in N1QL without dependency on any particular application programming language. The course is aimed at developers, architects, analysts, SQL and Oracle Developers, DBAs, data warehouse and business intelligence admins and analysts, and DevOps professionals.
The hands-on labs (usually 60% of class time) get you real-world "flight-time" modeling NoSQL data using best practices for JSON and key/value, creating and exploiting secondary indexes, performing complex aggregations using map-reduce Views, and becoming capable with N1QL as a basis for developing powerful, scalable, and reliable applications using NoSQL data, in any programming language.
Introduction to NoSQL
- Discuss the modern application challenges
- Describe Big Data
- Describe the common strategies for handling Big Data
- Explain CAP Theorem
- Differentiate Hadoop and NoSQL
- Explain different types of NoSQL
- Describe Polyglot Programming
Introduction to Couchbase
- Describe the history of Couchbase server
- Describe Couchbase Data Platform
- Explain how data is stored in Couchbase server
- Describe Couchbase server architecture [Single Data Node]
- Describe the anatomy of a Couchbase application
- Explain Multi Dimensional Scaling
- Describe Tools to Integrate with Couchbase
- Explain Couchbase SDKs
- Select documents and limiting results
- Explain Aliasing, concatenating, and selecting by keys
- Create indexes and filter queries
- Describe Querying ranges, ordering results, and explaining queries
- Describe Aggregating, distinct values, and filtering with wildcards
- Select for missing attributes, and group results
- Index and select based on values in JSON arrays
- Use functions in queries
- Join documents
Indexes in N1QL
- Describe the various Index Options
- Explain Index Partitioning
- Explain Alter Indexes
- Explain index service capacity management
- Explain Memory Optimized Indexes
Query Planning and Tuning
- Describe query planning
- Explain the data source access methods
- Explain index selection in N1QL
- Explain pushdowns
- Explain the best practices in index tuning
- Explain query tuning in N1QL
- Describe the query tuning checklist
- Describe an event
- Explain the traditional ways of listening to events
- Explain Couchbase Eventing
- Describe Functions
- Explain the Functions Terminology
- Demonstrate Deploying and Un-deploying Functions
Introduction to Data Modeling
- Describe Data Modeling
- Explain Data Modeling for Distributed Systems
- Explain Formal Data Modeling
- Learn the Data Models Used In The Course
Data Modeling for Couchbase
- Describe JSON Document Design
- Explain Data Nesting
- Explain Key Design
- Explain the various Trade-offs in Data Modeling
Query Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Auditing Couchbase N1QL
- Describe query monitoring
- Describe REST endpoints in N1QL
- Describe vitals in N1QL
- Describe Monitoring and Security Catalogs
- Describe profiling
- Explain profiling usage
Role Based Access Control, N1QL Tools and Other Tricks
- Explain Role Based Access Control in N1QL
- Explain pretty setting in CBQ
- Explain updating of nested arrays
- Explain cURL in N1QL
- Explain how a N1QL query is processed
- Explain the execution of a N1QL query
- Describe the various phases of a N1QL query
- Describe capacity management of a query node
- Explain how the Couchbase View Engine works
- Learn how to write Map functions to implement an index on a bucket
- Learn how to write Reduce functions to implement aggregation
- Explain how grouping works with Couchbase Views
- Explain options for working with keys
Appendix A - Couchbase Java SDK Synchronous API
- Explain the Couchbase Java SDK
- Access bucket-level metadata
- Perform CRUD operations
- Use CAS for optimistic locking
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate ILT Certificate of Completion
This website is made available by Couchbase, Inc., a company incorporated and registered in Delaware, USA (“Couchbase”).
The content of this website (“Content”) is owned by or licensed to Couchbase and protected by United States and international copyright laws. Couchbase and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to such Content. You may not copy, reproduce or distribute the Content without the prior written permission of Couchbase.
Couchbase and the couch logo are trademarks of Couchbase and its affiliated companies. More information about permitted used is available here: Trademark Policy.
Couchbase grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website subject to these Terms. This website and any part of it may not be reproduced, copied, framed or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express prior written consent of Couchbase.
6. Use of Software
To the extent that Couchbase provides for the download of Couchbase software and/or open source software from this website (“Software”), such Software is protected by the applicable copyright, patent or other intellectual property rights of either Couchbase or the open source licensor, respectively. Any use of the Software is subject to the terms of the applicable license agreement made available with the Software.
7. Links to Third Party Websites
8. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED BY COUCHBASE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COUCHBASE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COUCHBASE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF WHATSOEVER KIND ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE.
9. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of California, USA and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Santa Clara County, California, USA in respect of any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms.
For information about how to contact Couchbase, please visit our Contact Us page.
Instructor Led Training: Couchbase guarantees that registered and paid Learners who fully attend all lectures, actively participate, and complete all hands on lab work for an Instructor Led Training course registered through this site and delivered by Couchbase staff, will be competent and confident with the learning objectives presented for that course. Learners who fully attend all lectures, actively participate, and complete all hands on lab work for a course, but do not feel competent and confident with the stated learning objectives presented for that course, at the end of the course, may retake any publicly scheduled and confirmed delivery of the same course, without charge, within one year of the end date of the originally registered training.
Online Training: Couchbase provides no guaranteed learning outcome for any Learner's participation in free online training courses provided by Couchbase.
2. Intellectual Property
All training content registered or distributed through this service is owned by Couchbase, and all rights to this content are reserved. No rights, title, or interest in the training content are extended to the Learner.
Learner agrees not to record any Couchbase training content, in whole or part, by any means.
3. Right of Dismissal
Couchbase reserves the right to dismiss participants from any Couchbase training event. A participant who, in Couchbase's sole judgment, behaves disruptively during a Couchbase training event may be dismissed from the premises, and may not return. In case of such dismissal, Couchbase's liability is strictly limited to the refund of fees paid for this training to Couchbase by participant or participant's organization. Couchbase is not responsible for any consequential loss or inconvenience related to participant's dismissal.
4. Use of Third Party Learning Management System
Couchbase uses a third party learning management system ("LMS") to register all learners for our training courses, to deliver all our online training, and to assist in the delivery of our instructor led training. Couchbase does not guarantee the availability or functionality of this LMS, which may go or be taken offline, from time to time, without notice. Further, Couchbase disclaims all liability for intellectual property used in this LMS. All persons using this LMS agree to hold Couchbase harmless for any intellectual property violations which do or may exist within this LMS.
5. Use of Learner Data
Couchbase may use data collected during the learner's registration and training processes to improve our delivery of training, enablement, and marketing efforts for our learners. We do not share or sell this information to third parties.
Your cart is empty